This quarter saw the launch of the second season of Fulbright Talks, featuring 21 Fulbrighters who discussed various issues important to Pakistan’s socio-economic development. The speakers were selected for their immense contributions in their professional fields.
Some of the topics showcased this season were:
- Research findings on child sexual abuse in Sheikhupura and Kasur
- The economic uplift of the former FATA districts and the newly merged districts
- Fieldwork and research findings on Pakistan’s national water crisis
- Litigation on behalf of families of the laborers who lost their lives due to silica poisoning while working in stone cutting factories in Punjab
- An in-depth walk-through of the country’s museum culture
- Art history
- Built urban spaces with a focus on gender
- Genetic testing and tracing ancestry
- Deep mapping Pakistan using Artificial Intelligence
- The use of satire and comedy as a form of resistance
The talks feature weekly on USEFP’s Facebook page and Youtube channel every Friday at 8:00 pm PST. This season will wrap up on November 21.
A podcast like no other
July 2021 saw another milestone for USEFP: the release of Fulbright Pakistan’s very first all-woman podcast series featuring 20 dynamic Fulbright Pakistani women.
The series is hosted and produced by Fulbright alumna Safya Usmani. It gives Fulbright women a national platform to celebrate their immense professional achievements and share important, meaningful conversations on gender and identity.
Fulbright Women Podcasts also release weekly – every Wednesday at 6:00 pm PST – across the same social media platforms.